send email from within an application

I use Delphi 5 enterprise as the front end to Sybase sql anywhere
databases.  We have a Novell 5.1 Small Business network.  We use
Groupwise for our email.  Is it possible to send email from the
application I develop with Delphi?  Do I just run groupwise from within
the app or is there another way?  Thanks, excuse my ignorance on this
subject.

Re:send email from within an application

Rhea Urusky <rh...@beaverplastics.com> wrote in message

> I use Delphi 5 enterprise as the front end to Sybase sql anywhere
> databases.  We have a Novell 5.1 Small Business network.  We use
> Groupwise for our email.  Is it possible to send email from the
> application I develop with Delphi?  Do I just run groupwise from within
> the app or is there another way?  Thanks, excuse my ignorance on this
> subject.

Since you are using D5E, there is a TNMSMTP component in the FastNet page.
It is very easy to use.  Took me less than two days to finish a small app.

HTH,
Ping Kam

Other Threads