C accessing MS Access table

I have a C programming question for all C guru's out there.  If this
question is not suitable for this newsgroup please advise me.   I want to
code a program that extracts data from a MS Access database. I want this
program to be a stand alone software.  The problem is I don't really know
where to start.  First, since the information is stored in a relational
dbase and not a fixed flat file, how do I access it.  I know how to do it
with a flat file, but I am clueless with databases.  I am using  Borland
5.0.  Any suggestions on where to start would be
extremely appreciated.  Thanks.

Re:C accessing MS Access table

This IS the wrong newsgroup, however, if memory serves correctly, C does
allow OLE control. Use this with the DAO and you should be able to do
anything you want. As to how, well, my memory isn't THAT good. <g>

Woody

Charles Dusheke <cwdush...@dstsystems.com> wrote in message

> I have a C programming question for all C guru's out there.  If this
> question is not suitable for this newsgroup please advise me.   I want to
> code a program that extracts data from a MS Access database. I want this
> program to be a stand alone software.  The problem is I don't really know
> where to start.  First, since the information is stored in a relational
> dbase and not a fixed flat file, how do I access it.  I know how to do it
> with a flat file, but I am clueless with databases.  I am using  Borland
> 5.0.  Any suggestions on where to start would be
> extremely appreciated.  Thanks.

Other Threads