Instantiating forms at compile time.

Hi all,

I'm having problems with a component that I bought and the supplier
claims that the problem is the same with all commercial components.

I get a message claiming that the license information cannot be found
and that I cannot use the control in design mode.  The supplier claims
that because I am instantiating the control at run time it thinks that
I am trying to use it in design mode.

The Delphi help says this about it:

"If you move a form into the Available Forms List Box in the Forms
page of the Project Options dialog box, you must instantiate that form
at run time. You do not instantiate any forms that are in the
Auto-Create Forms List Box, as Delphi creates these forms
automatically at run time."

The supplier says this:

"If you are instantiating the control at run time, then it will assume
it is in a design environment.  You need to do your instantiation on
your design machine or you will get that message no matter what
ActiveX control or what development environment you use."

What gives?

How could I possible instantiate the control on my design machine so
that it does not get instantiated at run time?  I'm willing to do it,
just don't know how.

Thanks,

Please send a copy of response by email.

John

Automation Artisans Inc. is a company founded to provide unique, advanced technology software and hardware solutions to the manufacturing industry so that our customers can produce customized products at mass production costs.

Automation Artisans Inc.,   PO Box 20002 Sidney, BC CANADA V8L 5C9
Ph. 1-250-544-4950  Fax 1-250-544-4954

Re:Instantiating forms at compile time.

Im Artikel <36d0676b.127927...@news.islandnet.com>, jo...@islandnet.com (John
Dammeyer) schreibt:

>The supplier claims
>that because I am instantiating the control at run time it thinks that
>I am trying to use it in design mode.

That's quite a stupid solution, rendering the control to useless in many
applications.

Perhaps it helps to have such a control in a form at design time? Then the
control may be quiet if that form is instantiated at runtime, and will allow
for further instances created at runtime?

Otherwise you can only create the required amount of controls at design time,
and move and unhide these at runtime, as appropriate.

DoDi

Re:Instantiating forms at compile time.

Simple answer:  Allow delphi to auto-create the form at startup, but leave
it invisible until you need it.

Still, the problem sounds odd...

-John

John Dammeyer wrote:

> Hi all,

> I'm having problems with a component that I bought and the supplier
> claims that the problem is the same with all commercial components.

> I get a message claiming that the license information cannot be found
> and that I cannot use the control in design mode.  The supplier claims
> that because I am instantiating the control at run time it thinks that
> I am trying to use it in design mode.

> The Delphi help says this about it:

> "If you move a form into the Available Forms List Box in the Forms
> page of the Project Options dialog box, you must instantiate that form
> at run time. You do not instantiate any forms that are in the
> Auto-Create Forms List Box, as Delphi creates these forms
> automatically at run time."

> The supplier says this:

> "If you are instantiating the control at run time, then it will assume
> it is in a design environment.  You need to do your instantiation on
> your design machine or you will get that message no matter what
> ActiveX control or what development environment you use."

> What gives?

> How could I possible instantiate the control on my design machine so
> that it does not get instantiated at run time?  I'm willing to do it,
> just don't know how.

> Thanks,

> Please send a copy of response by email.

> John

> Automation Artisans Inc. is a company founded to provide unique, advanced technology software and hardware solutions to the manufacturing industry so that our customers can produce customized products at mass production costs.

> Automation Artisans Inc.,   PO Box 20002 Sidney, BC CANADA V8L 5C9
> Ph. 1-250-544-4950  Fax 1-250-544-4954

Other Threads