How to create referential integrity in Paradox 5.0 Tables

Can someone help me!
I want to know how do i create a referential integrity link between two Paradox 5.0 Tables using Delphi Pascal.
I know that Paradox stores this information in a file with the same name of the table it refers to, with the extension .VAL.
If someone knows the structure of this file, i would apreciate this information.

Thanks in advance

Luis Correia

Re:How to create referential integrity in Paradox 5.0 Tables

Luis Correia wrote:
> I want to know how do i create a referential integrity link between two
> Paradox 5.0 Tables using Delphi Pascal...

You need Delphi Developer or C/S as it requires BDE calls.

Look up C:\program files\borland\common files\bde\bde32.hlp
and search for DbiDoRestructure.  There are Delphi and C examples.
The C one in particular illustrates how you fill out structures
(which you hand to the function) which add referential integrity.
Not too hard, but there's a lot to learn if you're new to BDE
and/or C programming.

Don't attempt to do it by manipulating the files as you'll probably
end up being incompatible if your tables get upgraded to Level 7
at some point.

Grant Walker        Hobart, Tasmania         Ph: +613 62313083
Design Engineer     Australia                Fx: +613 62313086

Other Threads