Sort Stringfields case insensitive - how?

Is it possible to sort Tables case insensitive? Also I'd like to know if
it's possible to do some kind of "international" sorting. In Germany we have
"Umlaute" (????) which I like to sort properly. Without special handling
they appear at the end of my tables.

Klaus Meyer
GEUM....@geum.de

Re:Sort Stringfields case insensitive - how?

In article <6mvi48$7l...@goof.de.uu.net>, "Klaus Meyer"

(Kl...@kadeem.h.eunet.de) writes:
>Is it possible to sort Tables case insensitive?

I'm going to assume you are referring to Paradox tables...

The primary index cannot be case-insensitive.  However, you can set
up a case-insensitive secondary index. To do this, start Database
Desktop, click Tools | Utilities | Restructure and select your
table. Go to the Table Properties drop-down list and select
Secondary Index | Define.

>Also I'd like to know if
>it's possible to do some kind of "international" sorting. In
>Germany we have "Umlaute" (????) which I like to sort properly.
>Without special handling they appear at the end of my tables.

You need to change the Table Language.  To do this, start Database
Desktop, click Tools | Utilities | Restructure and select a table to
change.  Go to the Table Properties drop-down list and select Table
Language.

With Paradox tables, I find that the Paradox 'intl' 850 driver gives
the correct sort order for most Western European languages.

If you want any newly created tables to use this language, you need
to change the 'LANGDRIVER' setting in the the Borland Database
Engine (BDE) configuration.

Stephen Brown
sbr...@sprocket.win-uk.net
+44 (0)171 704 0702