Bde servername field for interbase alias

I've installed an interbase database with bde on the client machines on two different networks, on one network I could set the servername in bde simply by clicking the interbase database file. On the other network I had to fill it in like this :
//servername/c:/folder/dbfile because else I received an error that the datbase couldn't be found. What's causing this ?

Thanks in advance

Re:Bde servername field for interbase alias

In the field ServerName of bde alias you have to write
:ServerName:DataBaseFile ... where DatabaseFile is the full name of .gdb
with the path (relative to the server .. ex. c:\interbase\data). When you
use Interbase (and other Database Server) network condivision of file is not
necessary, for the data security.

"Taco" <spli...@chello.nl> ha scritto nel messaggio

> I've installed an interbase database with bde on the client machines on

two different networks, on one network I could set the servername in bde
simply by clicking the interbase database file. On the other network I had
to fill it in like this :
> file://servername/c:/folder/dbfile because else I received an error that

the datbase couldn't be found. What's causing this ?

> Thanks in advance

Re:Bde servername field for interbase alias

In the example in your message you are using NetBEUI as your communications
protocol. Are you using NetBEUI on both networks?

--
Bill