TScrollbox and MouseWheel

Hi,

I have a TScrollbox in a D7 application.
It does not respond to wheel mouse scrolling.
Should I write some codes for the event OnMouseWheel? If so, how?

If it makes any difference: I'm on WinXP Pro, logitech wheel mouse.

Re:TScrollbox and MouseWheel

List, and combo boxes i think are the ones that inheritly respond to
that message.
the message being WM_MOUSEWHEEL  message.

"Shineway Zhu" <shine...@msn.com> wrote in message

> I have a TScrollbox in a D7 application.
> It does not respond to wheel mouse scrolling.
> Should I write some codes for the event OnMouseWheel? If so, how?

> If it makes any difference: I'm on WinXP Pro, logitech wheel mouse.
> logitech wheel mouse

It makes a difference, Logitech drivers use a mouse hook.  The mouse-settings
in Control Panel (Buttons tab) include an option to use (or not) MS-Office
compatible scroll behaviour.  If you have that setting disabled then, if the
mouse is over a scrollable entity, it sends only Scroll messages.  No wheel
messages whatever!  The converse is true when set to Office compatible scroll.

It sounds like you have yours set to Office-compatible.  The non-Office
setting is the most generally useful one as the scroll messages can be sent to
controls (windows) that have no wheel awareness so the wheel works everywhere.
If you write code for the wheel it should allow a Logitech to work in either
setting.  The MS Intellipoint driver does something similar but it tries to
adjust itself automatically to the capabilities of the the control.  Sometimes
it screws-up and sends both wheel and scroll messages.

--
Regards,
Chris Luck.

Re:TScrollbox and MouseWheel

Hi Chris,

I do use Logitech mouse, but I do not use the  driver from Logitech!

WinXP automatically installed the driver for me, and from the mouse driver
file detail I can see the provider is Microsoft while file version
5.1.2600.0(XPClient.010817-1148), so there is nowhere can I find the option
to use (or not) MS-Office compatible scroll behaviour!

Any idea?

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 21:50:31 +0800, "Shineway Zhu" <shine...@msn.com> wrote:
>If it makes any difference: I'm on WinXP Pro, logitech wheel mouse.

Just as an aside, it might be helpful for you to use WinSight to see
wether WM_MOUSEWHEEL or WM_VSCROLL messages are
being sent to the control. I have a Logitech mouse, but don't use
the "emulation" setting which generates the latter anymore.

Other Threads