DB2-5.0/D3CS BDE ERROR IN DATABASE EXPLORER

Database Explorer works good with my 2.1 server but when using our 5.0
server
I get an error when I try to open a table.

Database Engine Error
General SQL Error
(IBM)(CLI Driver)(DB2/2) SQL0084N. An EXECUTE
IMMEDIATE Statement contains a SELECT or VALUES statement
SQLSTATE=42612

I think this may be because I have included some defaults with system
register variables
(namely CURRENT TIMESTAMP, USER and CURRENT SERVER) in my tables.

Has anyone run into this problem?

Regards,

J.R. Regenold
Phoenix/AMC, Inc.

Re:DB2-5.0/D3CS BDE ERROR IN DATABASE EXPLORER

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997 17:44:49 -0600, "J.R. Regenold" <j...@phxamc.com>
wrote:

>Database Explorer works good with my 2.1 server but when using our 5.0
>server
>I get an error when I try to open a table.

>Database Engine Error
>General SQL Error
>(IBM)(CLI Driver)(DB2/2) SQL0084N. An EXECUTE
>IMMEDIATE Statement contains a SELECT or VALUES statement
>SQLSTATE=42612

Yes I have encountered the same error, and posted a message on this
newsgroup titled "DB2 error SQL0084..."

See the message for the reason. Hope Borland can resolve it, or there
is some other config issue.
Kindly let me know if you get a reply.

>I think this may be because I have included some defaults with system
>register variables
>(namely CURRENT TIMESTAMP, USER and CURRENT SERVER) in my tables.

>Has anyone run into this problem?

>Regards,

>J.R. Regenold
>Phoenix/AMC, Inc.

Re:DB2-5.0/D3CS BDE ERROR IN DATABASE EXPLORER

DB2 5.0 contains a ridiculous bug - When a query is formatted
with field names and "from" on different lines; or "where" and
the first condition on different lines - your error gets generated

eg

select *
from employee

or

select * from employee
where
code = 100

gives this error

Incredible but true

BTW, have you tried writing DB2 stored procs with Delphi - if so
please help!

> On Sun, 30 Nov 1997 17:44:49 -0600, "J.R. Regenold" <j...@phxamc.com>
> wrote:

> >Database Explorer works good with my 2.1 server but when using our 5.0
> >server
> >I get an error when I try to open a table.

> >Database Engine Error
> >General SQL Error
> >(IBM)(CLI Driver)(DB2/2) SQL0084N. An EXECUTE
> >IMMEDIATE Statement contains a SELECT or VALUES statement
> >SQLSTATE=42612
> Yes I have encountered the same error, and posted a message on this
> newsgroup titled "DB2 error SQL0084..."

> See the message for the reason. Hope Borland can resolve it, or there
> is some other config issue.
> Kindly let me know if you get a reply.

> >I think this may be because I have included some defaults with system
> >register variables
> >(namely CURRENT TIMESTAMP, USER and CURRENT SERVER) in my tables.

> >Has anyone run into this problem?

> >Regards,

> >J.R. Regenold
> >Phoenix/AMC, Inc.

Re:DB2-5.0/D3CS BDE ERROR IN DATABASE EXPLORER

I'm getting this error too with D3 C/S 3.02.  What bugs me is it was fine
with 3.0 - which leads me to believe there's a problem with Delphi.

Gert wrote:
> DB2 5.0 contains a ridiculous bug - When a query is formatted
> with field names and "from" on different lines; or "where" and
> the first condition on different lines - your error gets generated

> eg

> select *
> from employee

> or

> select * from employee
> where
> code = 100

> gives this error

> Incredible but true

> BTW, have you tried writing DB2 stored procs with Delphi - if so
> please help!

> > On Sun, 30 Nov 1997 17:44:49 -0600, "J.R. Regenold" <j...@phxamc.com>
> > wrote:

> > >Database Explorer works good with my 2.1 server but when using our 5.0
> > >server
> > >I get an error when I try to open a table.

> > >Database Engine Error
> > >General SQL Error
> > >(IBM)(CLI Driver)(DB2/2) SQL0084N. An EXECUTE
> > >IMMEDIATE Statement contains a SELECT or VALUES statement
> > >SQLSTATE=42612
> > Yes I have encountered the same error, and posted a message on this
> > newsgroup titled "DB2 error SQL0084..."

> > See the message for the reason. Hope Borland can resolve it, or there
> > is some other config issue.
> > Kindly let me know if you get a reply.

> > >I think this may be because I have included some defaults with system
> > >register variables
> > >(namely CURRENT TIMESTAMP, USER and CURRENT SERVER) in my tables.

> > >Has anyone run into this problem?

> > >Regards,

> > >J.R. Regenold
> > >Phoenix/AMC, Inc.