Running Applications without Delphi installed

Hi,

I've created a simple database application wich I can run without running Delphi first.
When I tried to run it on a different PC it generated the error, "cannot initialize Borland DataBase Engine.
Do I need to install this on every computer or can I write my application in such a way that it won't need
DBE to be installed.
I hope somebody will give me an answer to this probably very small problem.

Greetings,

Harry Soffers
hsoff...@zeelandnet.nl

Re:Running Applications without Delphi installed

  Obviously, if your program uses the BDE, then yes, it needs to be
installed on the target machine...  If you don't use it, then you don't need
to instal it..  (Use InstallShield to install it (ReportSmith needs the
ReportSmith engine...))

  OR, you can pay for a new ODBC libary (like Titan) and that will copile
into your app.

--
Jason Wallace
SL Software

Harry Soffers wrote in message <7293666...@news.zeelandnet.nl>...
>Hi,

>I've created a simple database application wich I can run without running
Delphi first.
>When I tried to run it on a different PC it generated the error, "cannot

initialize Borland DataBase Engine.
>Do I need to install this on every computer or can I write my application

in such a way that it won't need
>DBE to be installed.
>I hope somebody will give me an answer to this probably very small problem.

>Greetings,

>Harry Soffers
>hsoff...@zeelandnet.nl

Other Threads