Board index » delphi » How can I display an ANSI screen in Pascal

How can I display an ANSI screen in Pascal

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Turbo Pascal, and I got a pretty stupid problem (I guess).
I'ml working on a simple DOS interface for a bootdisk where people can select
settings and enter some data that'll be placed in variables. How can I use a
nice ANSI screen created in AcidDraw as a display, and how can I program this
thing so that when people press TAB they jump to location x,y on the ansi,
then on z,.. etc... I figured out that an ANSI would enhance the whole
graphical packaging... If anyone can help me with this: thank a lot!

Best regards,

dMAN

-----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==----------
http://www.dejanews.com/       Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own    

 

Re:How can I display an ANSI screen in Pascal


Quote
psych...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm fairly new to Turbo Pascal, and I got a pretty stupid problem (I guess).
> I'ml working on a simple DOS interface for a bootdisk where people can select
> settings and enter some data that'll be placed in variables. How can I use a
> nice ANSI screen created in AcidDraw as a display, and how can I program this
> thing so that when people press TAB they jump to location x,y on the ansi,
> then on z,.. etc... I figured out that an ANSI would enhance the whole
> graphical packaging... If anyone can help me with this: thank a lot!

I have written a small program which does just that (display an ANSI
screen, not jump to any location that is).

It has some minor problems though (the biggest problem is that it uses
readln and thus only gets the first 255 chars on a line, sometimes there
are more..) which you might want to change, but for starters it should
be
some help

Email me if interested

 -Mike

Re:How can I display an ANSI screen in Pascal


In article <36642153.41C67...@kirk.fmi.uni-passau.de>,
  Michael Hermann <herm...@kirk.fmi.uni-passau.de> wrote:

Quote
> I have written a small program which does just that (display an ANSI
> screen, not jump to any location that is).

> It has some minor problems though (the biggest problem is that it uses
> readln and thus only gets the first 255 chars on a line, sometimes there
> are more..) which you might want to change, but for starters it should
> be
> some help

> Email me if interested

Dear Mike,

Thanks for the reply, any help is welcome. I nkow you can save ANSIS for Turbo
Pascal in AcidDraw, but, what do you do with this file. Perhaps its getting
clear that I'm totally new in this... I found a great tutorial but the stuff I
need isn't really explained. Javascript was no prob, but TP7 is something else
:)
I believe you file would already help me...

Best Regards,

Dominique

-----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==----------
http://www.dejanews.com/       Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own    

Re:How can I display an ANSI screen in Pascal


Note that the use of ANSI.SYS control characters and the use of the
Turbo Pascal CRT unit are mutually exclusive.  You get to use one or the
other but not both.

To use ANSI.SYS control characters, your I/O must go to the DOS Standard
Input and Standard Output devices.  This means, omit the "Uses CRT" or,
if you must include it for some other reason, disable it with
"Assign(input,''); Reset(input)" and similarly for output.

     - Rich

Re:How can I display an ANSI screen in Pascal


Quote
psych...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi,

> I'm fairly new to Turbo Pascal, and I got a pretty stupid problem (I guess).
> I'ml working on a simple DOS interface for a bootdisk where people can select
> settings and enter some data that'll be placed in variables. How can I use a
> nice ANSI screen created in AcidDraw as a display, and how can I program this
> thing so that when people press TAB they jump to location x,y on the ansi,
> then on z,.. etc... I figured out that an ANSI would enhance the whole
> graphical packaging... If anyone can help me with this: thank a lot!

You might want to look at my FastANSI! unit available from the code section of
my homepage (URL in signature).

Quote
> Best regards,

> dMAN

> -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==----------
> http://www.dejanews.com/       Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

--
Scott Earnest            | SPAM protection in effect. Remove  |
setech@_ix.netcom.com    | "_" as needed for true addresses.  |
earnests@_homenet.lm.com |    UIN:1136443  EFnet:pale_blue    |
sinykal@_{*word*104}space.org  | URL: http://www.netcom.com/~setech |

Other Threads