Simple migration from TP 5.5???

Pardon if this is a faq but:

I need a very simple upgrade for my to 5.5 code to allow it to
use extended filenames.  I have hundreds of programs written yrs
ago in TP 5.5 that I want to adjust for windows filenames.  I
took a look at delphi and it looks like it will require a LOT
more time than I have right now.   What's a quick solution?

Thanks in advance.

Glenn Davis Stone
ST...@ARTSCI.WUSTL.EDU

Re:Simple migration from TP 5.5???

On Mon, 08 May 2000 14:04:12 -0500, G. D. Stone wrote:
> I took a look at delphi and it looks like it will require a LOT
> more time than I have right now.   What's a quick solution?

Perhaps FreePascal (http://www.freepascal.org/) would be an easier upgrade
path. It's more compatible with the old Turbo Pascal 7 than Delphi is. :-)
I assume that would go for TP 5.5 as well.

--
He does the work of 3 Men...Moe, Larry & Curly

Re:Simple migration from TP 5.5???

Hi!

You can find two units for that on http://www.pdiy.de , Miscellaneous,
Modules and Interfaces . But I am not sure if you can use them with TP5.5,
but I think it is worth a try.

CU
Jens

--
[ HOMEPAGE: http://home.t-online.de/home/jens.gesing/index.htm ]
[ PROGRAMMING-DO-IT-YOURSELF: http://www.pdiy.de ]

Jens Gesing wrote:

> Hi!

> You can find two units for that on http://www.pdiy.de , Miscellaneous,
> Modules and Interfaces . But I am not sure if you can use them with TP5.5,
> but I think it is worth a try.

I found a TMT Pascal Lite as better solution for source migration from
TP 5.5/6/7 to 32 bit.
                        http://www.tmt.com

Other Threads