Help: "Accessing" a lookup field's list: Please, Please

I think this might be impossible but here goes:

I would like to "hijack" a lookup field's list. Can this be
done without using the cache?
--
Bruce Swart (br...@cm.co.za)

Re:Help: "Accessing" a lookup field's list: Please, Please

Perhaps you could explain more about what you mean by "hijacking" a
lookups list.  If I understand you correctly you might want to use a
SQL statement to populate a database and then fill your list.

On Thu, 28 May 1998 13:14:15 +0200, Bruce Swart <bru...@cm.co.za>
wrote:

>I think this might be impossible but here goes:

>I would like to "hijack" a lookup field's list. Can this be
>done without using the cache?
>--
>Bruce Swart (br...@cm.co.za)

Re:Help: "Accessing" a lookup field's list: Please, Please

Thanks for your reply.

Not quite - I want to put the records returned by the lookup field into
something like a listbox. i.e. I am trying to code a better(?)
lookup list incorporated in its own window, adding things like a
lookup field.

Perhaps I can ask another question? Why does the lookup list dataset
become (and stay) active once it has been used?

Kind Regards,
Bruce

--
Bruce Swart (br...@cm.co.za)