Progress message during query execution?

I want to display a message during the execution of several lengthy
queries which take place on after another, and prevent the user from
interrupting the queries. Also to display some sort of update on what is
happening in the queries (ie no of records processed etc).

What is the best way to accomplish this? I tried displaying a simple
form containing a message, but when shown modally the query did not
progress, and when not modal the user can click on the underlying main
form. Any advice gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance,

Dan Champion
<dan...@homesell.demon.co.uk>
Dan Champion          |   There was a {*word*194} boy, And a {*word*194} boy was he,
(& Mr Keats)          |   He ran away to Scotland, The people for to see....

Re:Progress message during query execution?

:
: What is the best way to accomplish this? I tried displaying a simple
: form containing a message, but when shown modally the query did not
: progress, and when not modal the user can click on the underlying main
: form. Any advice gratefully received.

Hello Dan,

what about this:

try
  MainForm.Enabled := False;
  { do your query stuff here }
finally
  MainForm.Enabled = True;
end;

To show query progress you have to use BDE callback (at least in D1). Once
I posted example code for this (Subject was ~ Batchmove .. progress) but
if don't find it I can mail it to you.

Tanel

:
: Many thanks in advance,
:
: Dan Champion
: <dan...@homesell.demon.co.uk>
: Dan Champion          |   There was a {*word*194} boy, And a {*word*194} boy was he,
: (& Mr Keats)          |   He ran away to Scotland, The people for to see....

Other Threads