SQL quesion in BDE

I have a table with Timestamp field (@) and I am trying to select the
date out and not the time. In Oracle, I would do :

Select to_char(fieldname,''MM-DD-YYYY'')

When I use either to_char or to_date, I get an error message saying
'capability not supported'.

Question is - In BDE, can you output the format of a timestamp through
sql? Hopefully I won't have to write code to do this!

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Jeff York
USCS intl
jeff_y...@uscs.com

Re:SQL quesion in BDE

>I have a table with Timestamp field (@) and I am trying to select the
>date out and not the time. In Oracle, I would do :

>Select to_char(fieldname,''MM-DD-YYYY'')

>When I use either to_char or to_date, I get an error message saying
>'capability not supported'.

>Question is - In BDE, can you output the format of a timestamp through
>sql?

try Select cast(fieldname as date) as NewField

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Other Threads