Remote Screen Grab

Hi all

My dear old boss has given me a nice little 'project' to try and figure out.
The whole idea is to do a 'remote desktop' type of application, where by I
can see exactly what the user is doing, but I dont need to get control. I
just need to see what he is doing. Any suggestions where to start?

I have a few, one of them being doing screen dumps and then sending the
dumped file across the network to be viewed. This would work, but it would
be terribly slow. Another way I though of would be to realise what has being
change and only redraw that little section, but that I have no idea how to
do.

Anyway, if you could help point me out in the right direction it would be
great, cause my annual sallary raise kind of depends on this *grin*.

Anyway, thanks in advance...
Jonathan

Re:Remote Screen Grab

I don't see how it would be slow if your on a LAN. It you mean over the
internet, there are ways to speed it up a little, but not much.

First, take your capture...convert it to a .jpg...add compression if you
want...then send it to the client. Or you could take the capture, convert it
to .jpg and send it to a share that only certain people have access to.

"Muad'Dib" <moad...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

> Hi all

> My dear old boss has given me a nice little 'project' to try and figure
out.
> The whole idea is to do a 'remote desktop' type of application, where by I
> can see exactly what the user is doing, but I dont need to get control. I
> just need to see what he is doing. Any suggestions where to start?

> I have a few, one of them being doing screen dumps and then sending the
> dumped file across the network to be viewed. This would work, but it would
> be terribly slow. Another way I though of would be to realise what has
being
> change and only redraw that little section, but that I have no idea how to
> do.

> Anyway, if you could help point me out in the right direction it would be
> great, cause my annual sallary raise kind of depends on this *grin*.

> Anyway, thanks in advance...
> Jonathan

Other Threads