BDE error "At beginning of table"

Hi,

I get this error "At beginning of table" popping up and despite hours
pouring over it, I cannot get to the bottom of it.  It does not stop the
program - just gives the warning and then goes on quite happily.  But it
is a pain and irritating to the user.

It happens when my code is in the process of entering data in a new
record in a table that was previously empty.  I do not know if it is
relevent, but this table is linked to another on a one-to-many and that
table is in turn linked again to another table on a one-to-many.  I have
no other problems with the linking and no problems during normal use.
Once one record has been put in, everything works fine.

It is only a problem when it is an empty table into which I am inserting
the data.

I have tried trapping to see where the code is going by setting a trap
on the exit event of the field, but the warning comes up before the exit
event is triggered.

I'm pretty sure the error is being generated in the BDE - but I cannot
find it.

Any experience of this out there? Or ideas? Or suggestions?

Regards

John
|-------------------------|----------|----------------------------|
|John D Midwinter         | U U  K K | Voice    01344 842759      |
|Pascal, Paradox, Delphi  | U U  KK  | (mobile) 0836  207082      |
|j...@johnmid.demon.co.uk | UUU  K K | Fax\Data Please phone first|
|-------------------------|----------|----------------------------|

Re:BDE error "At beginning of table"

: |-------------------------|----------|----------------------------|
: |John D Midwinter         | U U  K K | Voice    01344 842759      |
: |Pascal, Paradox, Delphi  | U U  KK  | (mobile) 0836  207082      |
: |j...@johnmid.demon.co.uk | UUU  K K | Fax\Data Please phone first|
: |-------------------------|----------|----------------------------|

I had just the same problem some time ago and could also not figure out
what was going on. As far as I remember I used InfoPower's TwwTable components
that also allow to impose a filter on the detail table, and that the
exception was triggered by some Infopower code line. Sooner or later I
gave up. Until today I have never produced
this exception with any other code and Delphi's native TTable component.

Are you using Infopower tables? If not, I would be interested in your .DFM
and .PAS files. Otherwise, although I know that one should be careful with
such statements, I would say there is a bug in TwwTable.

Best regards,

                                              Andy

Re:BDE error "At beginning of table"

I get this error when I use Uli Zindler's filter component and the
table is empty.

I suppose it must have something to do with BDE filters on an empty
dataset, but a different filter component did work. So it must be
a code error somewhere.

Ry
rpete...@usit.net

Other Threads