Paradox and lookup tables

Is there a quick way of removing the validity checks from a whole list of
Paradox 4.5 tables?  I am trying to convert from Paradox to Intrbase, and
about 19 out of 25 tables have validity checks on them, where they are
trying to do a lookup on another table.  I need to figure out a way (in
code) to run through the list of tables and remove the checks.

TIA,

Connie

Re:Paradox and lookup tables

Hi Connie,
did you really mean "Validity check" or is it rather "Referential
integrity"?
--
Roman
KRE...@mbox.cesnet.cz

Connie Okiro wrote in message <01bd44da$19442ea0$aecbaec7@monorail>...
>Is there a quick way of removing the validity checks from a whole list of
>Paradox 4.5 tables?  I am trying to convert from Paradox to Intrbase, and
>about 19 out of 25 tables have validity checks on them, where they are
>trying to do a lookup on another table.  I need to figure out a way (in
>code) to run through the list of tables and remove the checks.

>TIA,

>Connie

Re:Paradox and lookup tables

The quick and dirty way is to delete all the *.VAL files.  This will remove
all field validity checks including table lookups, referential integrity,
min & max values, defaults, pictures, etc.

Connie Okiro <Ok...@compuserve.com> wrote in article
<01bd44da$19442ea0$aecbaec7@monorail>...

> Is there a quick way of removing the validity checks from a whole list of
> Paradox 4.5 tables?  I am trying to convert from Paradox to Intrbase, and
> about 19 out of 25 tables have validity checks on them, where they are
> trying to do a lookup on another table.  I need to figure out a way (in
> code) to run through the list of tables and remove the checks.

> TIA,

> Connie

Re:Paradox and lookup tables

The quick and dirty way is to delete the *.VAL files.  This will remove all
validity checks, including table lookups, as well as referential integrity.
The only other alternative would be to use BDE API calls to alter the
contents of the .VAL files.

--
Bill

Re:Paradox and lookup tables

Roman Krejci <STOPSPAM.KRE...@MBOX.CESNET.CZ> wrote in article
<6dbs2m$c...@forums.borland.com>...

> Hi Connie,
> did you really mean "Validity check" or is it rather "Referential
> integrity"?
> --
> Roman
> KRE...@mbox.cesnet.cz
> (please remove STOPSPAM. in header]

Whenever I tried to open the tables, I kept getting the message 'lookup
table not found', so I went into Paradox, and manually removed the validity
checks on the tables, and now it works.  I have also looked in the BDE
help, and it also calls them 'Validity checks'.  Now, I want to code a way
to remove the checks so that I don't have to do it manually when I get to
production, and have to move live data from the existing tables.

Connie

Other Threads