Install Shield Express & BDE 5.01

Hi there,
I just downloaded BDE 5.01 Update and installed it on my System. Then I
"recompiled" an "Install Shield Wizard For Delphi"-Projekt (ISW was
purchased with Delphi 2.0), that formerly worked fine.
When installing the Software on the system I get the following error
message:

Mischen der Konfigurationsdatei ist fehlgeschlagen.
C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\GEMEIN~1\BDE\IDAPI32.CNF

And after the installation is completed, i cannot start the BDE-config
or my application.

By the way, is it allowed to redistribute the BDEAMIN.EXE? What has to
be done to include it in the project?
Thenks for help,
  Frank Frost
--
====================================
Frank Frost

Homepage: http://home.t-online.de/home/Frank.Frost
eMail   : MailTo:Frank.Fr...@gmx.de
PGP-Fingerabdruck: F0B3 EF34 31F1 2754 AEB4  B676 E1BA 4387 F004 4ABA
====================================

Re:Install Shield Express & BDE 5.01

See:

http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/qanda/qna1326.html

You need to add bantam.dll, *.btl, and charset.cvb to the BDE/IDAPI Files
group in InstallShield Express.

Can you distribute bdeadmin.exe?  Don't know.  Read deploy.txt and
bdedeploy.txt.  If you are allowed to then just add it to the list of files
installed by ISX.

Re:Install Shield Express & BDE 5.01

>I just downloaded BDE 5.01 Update and installed it on my System. Then I
>"recompiled" an "Install Shield Wizard For Delphi"-Projekt (ISW was
>purchased with Delphi 2.0), that formerly worked fine.
>When installing the Software on the system I get the following error
>message:

>Mischen der Konfigurationsdatei ist fehlgeschlagen.
>C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\GEMEIN~1\BDE\IDAPI32.CNF

>And after the installation is completed, i cannot start the BDE-config
>or my application.

You can not install BDE 5.01 with a version of Installshiled prior to the one
that shipped with Delphi 4
You can go to installshiled and they will be happy to sell you an update.

>By the way, is it allowed to redistribute the BDEAMIN.EXE? What has to
>be done to include it in the project?

Yes you can redistribute BDEAdmin.exe as long as you can legally redistribute
BDE.
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Install Shield Express & BDE 5.01

So I think I will have to update to the new one...
Thanx

--
Frank Frost
Tel: +49 2161 205322
Fax: +49 2161 205355

Homepage: http://home.t-online.de/home/Frank.Frost
eMail   : MailTo:Frank.Fr...@gmx.de
PGP-Fingerabdruck: F0B3 EF34 31F1 2754 AEB4  B676 E1BA 4387 F004 4ABA

Other Threads