ShellListView under Win98

Hi,

i've created a small program with a ShellListView...
and it works fine :-)
But it doesn't work correctly under Win98...
I think the problem is the ShellListView... but i won't want do change
the whole program... :-/

How could i use this ShellListView under Win98 ???

Thx4help!

Re:ShellListView under Win98

> i've created a small program with a ShellListView...
> and it works fine :-)
> But it doesn't work correctly under Win98...
> I think the problem is the ShellListView... but i won't want do change
> the whole program... :-/

Um, define "doesn't work correctly"

Jim

Re:ShellListView under Win98

hmm... i'm not sure about all mistakes because i've tested my prog by a
friend on his win98 pc...
in my program i make a drag and drop between a shelllistview and a
listbox...
under win2k no problem... but under win98... i think the shelllistbox
doesn't get the name of the selected object or something else...
so the listbox (or the other functions) get no filename...

"Jim Kueneman" <jimd...@mindspring.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Hi,

> > i've created a small program with a ShellListView...
> > and it works fine :-)
> > But it doesn't work correctly under Win98...
> > I think the problem is the ShellListView... but i won't want do change
> > the whole program... :-/

> Um, define "doesn't work correctly"

> Jim

Re:ShellListView under Win98

The Delphi compiler said that the ShellCtrls are Platform conditioned.
But what have i to do that they work under win98 too?
Thx!

"Jim Kueneman" <jimd...@mindspring.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Hi,

> > i've created a small program with a ShellListView...
> > and it works fine :-)
> > But it doesn't work correctly under Win98...
> > I think the problem is the ShellListView... but i won't want do change
> > the whole program... :-/

> Um, define "doesn't work correctly"

> Jim

Re:ShellListView under Win98

> friend on his win98 pc...
> in my program i make a drag and drop between a shelllistview and a
> listbox...
> under win2k no problem... but under win98... i think the shelllistbox

I have not heard that one before.  Sorry.  For an alternative you can look
at my components. For drag and drop mine are all OLE so you have to do more
work to get them to drop to a normal listbox, although IDataObject handlers
and routines to extract HDrop and other shell clipboard formats are in the
package.

Jim

Re:ShellListView under Win98

Hendrik,

> The Delphi compiler said that the ShellCtrls are Platform conditioned.
> But what have i to do that they work under win98 too?

The 'platform specific' warning means that the ShellCtrls
are only designed to work on one platform (Windows, in
this case). It has nothing to do with your problems on
Windows 98.

Ken
---
Ken White
kwh...@adpsi.com

Clipper Functions for Delphi and C++ Builder
http://www.adpsi.com

Other Threads