MySQL connection gets an "unexpected error"

Hi all,

    I've been trying to connect to a MySQL 3.23.47-opt running on local
host.
First, I create dbExpress connection, set its parameters, try to connect
and everything seams to be ok. Second, I test my connection with a simple
query using a SQLClientDataSet object and I get an "unexpected error", to be
more precisely, a memory violation in dbexpmys.dll. I know the connection
has
succeeded because they appear in the process list(connection list) of
WinMySQLadmin tool. Actually when I try to open the client dataset,
a second connection of same user appear in the same process list.
Since I know the SQLConnection must be shared between datasets.
Maybe this is a clue of something that goes wrong with the connection.
    Anyway, why the connection succeeds and the query don't? Have I a wrong
version of MySQL driver (dbexpmys.dll)? Has anybody any idea?

Thanks,
Arminio

Re:MySQL connection gets an "unexpected error"

Try changing the LibraryName to dbexpmysql.dll. It's a wrong parameter set
at c:\Program files\Common Files\Borland Shared\DBExpress\dbxdrivers.ini.

Just add change dbexpmy.dll into dbexpmysql.dll and it will work.

HTH
Paulo Assis

"Arminio Andrei" <a_armi...@mailsurf.com> escreveu na mensagem

> Hi all,

>     I've been trying to connect to a MySQL 3.23.47-opt running on local
> host.
> First, I create dbExpress connection, set its parameters, try to connect
> and everything seams to be ok. Second, I test my connection with a simple
> query using a SQLClientDataSet object and I get an "unexpected error", to
be
> more precisely, a memory violation in dbexpmys.dll. I know the connection
> has
> succeeded because they appear in the process list(connection list) of
> WinMySQLadmin tool. Actually when I try to open the client dataset,
> a second connection of same user appear in the same process list.
> Since I know the SQLConnection must be shared between datasets.
> Maybe this is a clue of something that goes wrong with the connection.
>     Anyway, why the connection succeeds and the query don't? Have I a
wrong
> version of MySQL driver (dbexpmys.dll)? Has anybody any idea?

> Thanks,
> Arminio

Other Threads