Installation problems with Delphi 4(pre patch) and NT 4.0 sp3

Greetings everyone..

I have an IBM server 320 (Dual Pentium 166 processor, 64 meg memory) that
will not install delphi 4 C/S.

It will go thru the install fine, then come up with an error that several
autoregistering dll's failed to register, the files were vcl*.ocx.

The registry is not corrupt since this is a fresh install of NT 4.0 sp3 with
a 25 meg registry file.

This symptom occurred thru several installs.  I tried to run the program
anyway, and the program reported the vcl40.bpl was corrupt and not a valid
windows NT image file exited delphi.

I then manually copied the vcl*.ocx files onto the hard drive in their
appropriate directory, as well as copied the vcl40.bpl file into the
system32 directory, but still no luck.

I am in desperate need for help on this one, and would appreciate anything
to get the situation resolved.

Thank you in advance for your time and patience

Roy Welborn
Web Developer
Sharp Professional Services
valh...@usa.net

Re:Installation problems with Delphi 4(pre patch) and NT 4.0 sp3

Roy,

Some computer manufacturers ship custom setups of Windows with their machines.
It is still possible that the registry is inaccurate.

First, I would try to install Delphi on another machine to check the quality of
the CD.  Looking at the bottom of the CD for scratches or grease wouldn't hurt
either.  If the CD is bad, you can call our Customer Service Department for a
replacement CD.

You can try updating your comctrl32.dll file by running Microsoft's latest
update or the one from the Delphi 4 CD in the info/updates directory.

You can also try manually registering the files that failed to register using
TREGSVR on the appropriate files from the command line.
--
------------------------
Richard

Re:Installation problems with Delphi 4(pre patch) and NT 4.0 sp3

Thank you, I will try both of those suggestions and get back with you..

Roy

Richard [Inprise] wrote in message <3638EB95.EC87E...@inprise.com>...
>Roy,

>Some computer manufacturers ship custom setups of Windows with their
machines.
>It is still possible that the registry is inaccurate.

>First, I would try to install Delphi on another machine to check the
quality of
>the CD.  Looking at the bottom of the CD for scratches or grease wouldn't
hurt
>either.  If the CD is bad, you can call our Customer Service Department for
>replacement CD.

>You can try updating your comctrl32.dll file by running Microsoft's latest
>update or the one from the Delphi 4 CD in the info/updates directory.

>You can also try manually registering the files that failed to register
using
>TREGSVR on the appropriate files from the command line.
>--
>Richard
>Delphi Developer Support
>www.inprise.com