Remove a Role or person from Role ?

Hi.

I'm using interbase 6.0 but I follow the 5.0 tutorial.
How can I delete a Role ? I have tryed to write "Drop SALESPEOPLE"
like when you drop a table, but i does not work. And how do I remove
a person from a Role ?

Thanks. Kim "SpookePower".

Re:Remove a Role or person from Role ?

According to the documentation, you can remove roles for certain
users with REVOKE <role> FROM <user>

Or simply use InterBase Workbench and start the Role Editor :)

--

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase
http://www.upscene.com

Firebird Workbench - the developer tool for Firebird
http://www.upscene.com

Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

"This is an object-oriented system.
If we change anything, the users object."

"SpookiePower" <boxjunk2...@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3dbbd9c5@newsgroups.borland.com...

> Hi.

> I'm using interbase 6.0 but I follow the 5.0 tutorial.
> How can I delete a Role ? I have tryed to write "Drop SALESPEOPLE"
> like when you drop a table, but i does not work.

Do you get any error message?

> And how do I remove
> a person from a Role ?

REVOKE <ROLE> FROM <USER>;

HTH,
Thomas Steinmaurer
IB LogManager 2.1 - The Logging/Auditing Tool for InterBase and Firebird
http://www.iblogmanager.com

Re:Remove a Role or person from Role ?

Thanks.

Revoke work when removing a person from a role and
to delete a role I must write "Drop role salespeople" and not
"Drop salespeople".

Other Threads