Delphi MediaPlayer does not do what Win MediaPlayer does?

Does anybody know why Delphi MediaPlayer doesn't play some MPEG files that
Windows MediaPlayer 7.0 plays?

With the Delphi component I just get a sort of striped rectangle that has a
message "Vids 42 decompressor not found" or so, while audio plays OK.

Doesn't the Delphi component use the same functions as Windows player?

Re:Delphi MediaPlayer does not do what Win MediaPlayer does?

It's probably using a different codec.  At lot of this is black
magic to me.

I upgraded to Media Player 6.4 and now I can't play ANY
truncated AVI files (the media player crashes upon opening
the file).  However, the Delphi AVI player handles these
truncated files just fine.  So I wrote a simple Delphi to view
these truncated AVI files.
Media Player 7.0 - I downloaded it and installed it on my
older P133 Win98SE machine.  I wasn't happy with it so
I tried to uninstall it (not a pretty sight).  When I get around
to it I'm going to reinstall Win98SE to restore the old
media player.

Erik Turner
Indialantic, Florida

"Mika" <mika.lei...@no-spam-proidea.fi> wrote in message news:39e2c78e_2@dnews...

Does anybody know why Delphi MediaPlayer doesn't play some MPEG files that
Windows MediaPlayer 7.0 plays?

With the Delphi component I just get a sort of striped rectangle that has a
message "Vids 42 decompressor not found" or so, while audio plays OK.

Doesn't the Delphi component use the same functions as Windows player?

Other Threads