Custom graphics engine

I have the task of writing a 2d modeler / simulator of our
plant operations: Fork trucks driving around with pallets, huge
stationary mega machines pumping out parts, inventory areas
with product going in and out. All of this needs a 2d graphic
engine (zooming capability) that will tie into an Oracle table
with real-time data. A class of objects, "Bins", will have
properties assigned values from the database. There will be 2
modes: 1. modeling the data as it is and 2. simulating what
might happen to production by changing existing resources.

I could write this myself, but it would be cool if there was
already something like this on the market. Does anyone know of
such a thing?

Re:Custom graphics engine

Oh dear, poor you
--
Claire

---

Re:Custom graphics engine

Closest contestants right now:

- Write this in HTML with your own refresh loop and one of the html viewer
components, like TWebBrowser (free)

- FlexGraphics.. have a look at the plant security plan example
http://www.flex-graphics.com/ (costs money)

- I also wrote a 2D engine with zooming capability etc integrated. It would
require overriding the standard shape to draw any of your fancy things (like
a pallet with bins, walls, gangways, fork trucks, etc). You would be able to
move/rotate them very easily using the provided properties, like position
and angle. And add your own (data-aware) properties that cause the shape to
change appearance (like the difference between a full pallet or empty one).
My engine is not free either, contact me if interested.
Simple demo with bitmaps: http://www.simdesign.nl/download/dtpshapes.zip

If you have a budget, you can also hire me and I will help you with this
problem.

Kind regards,

Nils Haeck
www.simdesign.nl

"Allen Moses" <amo...@csonline.net> wrote in message

> I have the task of writing a 2d modeler / simulator of our
> plant operations: Fork trucks driving around with pallets, huge
> stationary mega machines pumping out parts, inventory areas
> with product going in and out. All of this needs a 2d graphic
> engine (zooming capability) that will tie into an Oracle table
> with real-time data. A class of objects, "Bins", will have
> properties assigned values from the database. There will be 2
> modes: 1. modeling the data as it is and 2. simulating what
> might happen to production by changing existing resources.

> I could write this myself, but it would be cool if there was
> already something like this on the market. Does anyone know of
> such a thing?

Re:Custom graphics engine

Hello Allen,

Sounds like another great part for using SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics).
See www.evolgrafix.com about more information on this.

Alex

Re:Custom graphics engine

"Allen Moses" <amo...@csonline.net> wrote

> I could write this myself, but it would be cool if there was
> already something like this on the market. Does anyone know of
> such a thing?

I realize you need 2d but take a look at glscene.

Other Threads