Best Delphi 4 Book for Newbie

Hi

I've just bought Delphi 4. Could anyone recommend a CHEAP Delphi 4 book.
I've converted from VB5, so I have quite a bit of programming experience.
I'm looking at about $20 - $30 price range. Thanks

Peter

Re:Best Delphi 4 Book for Newbie

One of these books might help, although they are all over $30:

Sams Teach Yourself Borland Delphi 4 in 21 Days
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0672312867/iversonsoftwarecA

Charlie Calvert's Delphi 4 Unleashed
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0672312859/iversonsoftwarecA

Delphi 4 Bible
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764532375/iversonsoftwarecA

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:07:09 +0200, "Martin McMahon"

<ic...@iafrica.com> wrote:
>Hi

>I've just bought Delphi 4. Could anyone recommend a CHEAP Delphi 4 book.
>I've converted from VB5, so I have quite a bit of programming experience.
>I'm looking at about $20 - $30 price range. Thanks

>Peter

Kind Regards,
Jeff Iverson
--
Iverson Software Co.  507-235-9209 - voice
418 N. State St. #7   507-235-8835 - fax

Re:Best Delphi 4 Book for Newbie

Hi Martin,

> I've just bought Delphi 4. Could anyone recommend a CHEAP Delphi 4 book.
> I've converted from VB5, so I have quite a bit of programming experience.
> I'm looking at about $20 - $30 price range. Thanks

There are only five Delphi 4 books available at this time (that I know of),
and they are all beyond the US$ 20 range (the Teach Yourself is closest for
only US$39.99 (with 20% discount from Amazon - just check my website at
http://www.drbob42.com/Amazon and click on "Delphi 4 books" for more info.

The five Delphi 4 books currently available (and reviewed on my website) are:

  Delphi 4 Unleashed - Charlie Calvert (with guest-chapter by me)
  Mastering Delphi 4 - Marco Cant
  Delphi 4 Developer's Guide - Steve Teixeira & Xavier Pacheco
  Delphi 4 Bible - Tom Swan
  Teach Yourself Delphi 4 in 21 Days by Kent Reisdorph.

> Peter

Groetjes,
          Bob Swart (aka Dr.Bob - http://www.drbob42.com)

Other Threads