Compression algorithmes in Pascal

Hello, all!

I'm looking for information on lossless Data Compression
algorithmes and programms made in Pascal. I've searched
the web but found only a lot of code in C. Is there anything
in Pascal?

I'll be very glad to receive information where I can get good
and easy understandable info on compression at all too.

I'm student and make something like research in this field for
my classes. If there any teachers who can help me with the
basis of this field (I just don't really understand from what to begin!)
I will really appreciate any help.

Thanks In Advance for your help!

p.s.: As I live in Ukraine I'll be happy to receive some info on
        compression in russian if anyone knows where to get it.
p.s.s.: please, Cc to z...@mia.gov.ua - I'm afraid to miss something
            thanks.

Re:Compression algorithmes in Pascal

In article <7fl29j$pt...@news.lucky.net>

"Jaz" <z...@mia.gov.ua> wrote:
> Hello, all!

> I'm looking for information on lossless Data Compression
> algorithmes and programms made in Pascal. I've searched
> the web but found only a lot of code in C. Is there anything
> in Pascal?

Yep. On my homepage, you will find;
1. ChiefLZ  - LZSS and Huffman compression
2. Chief's Unzip

Both packages are FREE and include full source code (and the
unzip sources are portable as well).

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Email: la...@keele.ac.uk
Homepage: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/African_Chief/
Author of: Chief's Installer Pro v5.00 for Win32
     ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/win95/install/chief500.zip

Other Threads