Accessing MS-Access 2.0 DB using ODBC

Hello everybody,

I'm using ODBC with Delphi (Standard Edition) to reach Access MDB
files.
In most cases I received the following message when I update the
database :
"General SQL error [Microsoft][ODBC Access Driver]Jet error -1003
returned"

The message comes when I want to update the fields after the second
(3,4, 5, ..).

What can I do?

Vincent.
(Vince...@Mendez.com)

Re:Accessing MS-Access 2.0 DB using ODBC

philip...@mendez.com (Philippe Leclef) wrote:
>Hello everybody,
>I'm using ODBC with Delphi (Standard Edition) to reach Access MDB
>files.
>In most cases I received the following message when I update the
>database :
>"General SQL error [Microsoft][ODBC Access Driver]Jet error -1003
>returned"
>The message comes when I want to update the fields after the second
>(3,4, 5, ..).
>What can I do?
>Vincent.
>(Vince...@Mendez.com)

Hi,

Welcome to a time honored club. You are the proud owner of old Access
2.0 ODBC drivers. Give Micro$oft a call, ask for the latest drivers,
send 20 bux, and the problem will go away and leave you alone.

You are by far not the first and not the last person to hit this
(bugged the heck out of me too :) ).

Good Luck,
Allen

---------
TINSAAFL: There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch (variation on motto of the moon colony from Robert A. Heinlein)

Pessimist by policy, optimist by temperament - it is possible to be both. How? By never taking an unnecessary chance and by minimizing risks you can't avoid. This permits you to play out the game happily, untroubled by the certainty of the outcome. - Robert A. Heinlein (a.k.a. Lazarus Long)

EMail: al...@emi.net
  Web: http://www.emi.net/~allenms

Other Threads