i'm a novice : pb with a game level editor

i want to create a level editor for a game. User could choose elements in a
list and click in the screen to put the element, in order to make a level.
but i really don't know how i can start.. So i hope there is someone to help
me.
thanks.

Re:i'm a novice : pb with a game level editor

rayd wrote in message <895186814.978367@si1-paris>...
>i want to create a level editor for a game. User could choose elements in a
>list and click in the screen to put the element, in order to make a level.
>but i really don't know how i can start.. So i hope there is someone to
help
>me.

How will the elements be arranged on the screen?  Will they be
constrained to a grid?  If so, you can define an array in your
form object with the dimentions of your level.  Then put a paintbox
on the form and in the OnPaint event, loop thru the array and
paint each cell.  When the user selects an element in the list
and clicks on the screen, map the click X,Y coords into the
array, and put the index of the selected element into the array.

Does this make sense?

If you wish I can write a sample program.

David Knaack

Other Threads