Windows 95 crash after terminating a Delphi 4-program

Please help us,

we use a network with several WINDOWS95 and WINDOWS98 and WINDOWS-NT
pc's.
We wrote a program under Delphi 4 professional, which has an EXE-size of
about 3 MB.
All 3 operating systems allow us to start the program and use it, but
only WINDOWS95
crashes after leaving out program. The error is:

out of memory in S3_4.DRV

All the WINDOWS95-computers have different graphic cards (e.g. Hercules
Terminator 128,
ATI RAGE PRO, ..), but all have the file S3_4.DRV with a size of 84336
Bytes. We tried to
obtain a driver update, but didn't get another S3_4.DRV
We can work around the problem if we use the standard-VGA-option for the
screen.
But this it not a good solution...

Are there perhaps any known conflicts with WINDOWS95 and e.g. the
INTERNET-palette of Delphi 4?

Thanks for your help.
T. Schr?der

Re:Windows 95 crash after terminating a Delphi 4-program

I suspect this as a very common problem ... What do you mean by "terminate"?
Is it a Application.Terminate or a terminate ( application.handle ) ? Since
Delphi uses breakpoints and debug hooks, terminating a program while under
IDE will lead to Delphi crashing ( well not crash, but freezing while
waiting for the next whatever to come ). Make sure that the program exists
normally.
There is another issue : I have recently built a program that used a TGauge
( witch uses rectangle and bar instructions ) witch was very fast ( drawing
up to 800 times a second ). My 2D accelerator crashed :) The S3_4.drv is a
standard svga driver for S3 SVga and could be used by windows for 2D
acceleration if the driver doesn't register properly the graphics
accelerator software . Try to set Video acceleration to No Acceleration in
the performance tab in System CPL Applet ( Win-Break ). See if it still
crashes.

Just a hint

--
Ndi
NDI Remote Programming Group

Re:Windows 95 crash after terminating a Delphi 4-program

Thomas Schroeder wrote

> only WINDOWS95
> crashes after leaving out program. The error is:
> out of memory in S3_4.DRV

see also http://www.deja.com/home_ps.shtml
search on S3_4.DRV
or on [S3_4.DRV and crash]