32 bit pmode

Is there a 32 bit dos extender for turbo pascal?  I am developing at the
moment (in experimentation stages :)) and really need access to all the
memory I can get.

Failing that, is it possible to compile pascal programs to .obj's and
link them into Tasm?

Any 32 bit/pmode stuff relating will be of great help.

Many thanks

Trevor.

Re:32 bit pmode

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Trevor Lake wrote:
> Is there a 32 bit dos extender for turbo pascal?  I am developing at the
> moment (in experimentation stages :)) and really need access to all the
> memory I can get.

> Failing that, is it possible to compile pascal programs to .obj's and
> link them into Tasm?

> Any 32 bit/pmode stuff relating will be of great help.

> Many thanks

> Trevor.

You can try  FPK-Pascal. It's quite compatible with BP and is 32 bit.
Look at http://www.brain.uni-freiburg.de/~klaus

Daniel Mantione

Re:32 bit pmode

The URL is http://www.brain.uni-freiburg.de/~klaus/fpk-pas/   (German)
or         http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/1213/  (US)

--
Klaus Hartnegg, Institut fuer Biophysik, Hansa-Strasse 9a, D-79104 Freiburg
hartn...@uni-freiburg.de   http://www.brain.uni-freiburg.de/~klaus/

Re:32 bit pmode

Daniel Mantione <tw543...@dutiwy.twi.tudelft.nl> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Trevor Lake wrote:
> > Is there a 32 bit dos extender for turbo pascal?  I am developing at the
> > moment (in experimentation stages :)) and really need access to all the
> > memory I can get.

> > Failing that, is it possible to compile pascal programs to .obj's and
> > link them into Tasm?

> > Any 32 bit/pmode stuff relating will be of great help.

> > Many thanks

> > Trevor.

> You can try  FPK-Pascal. It's quite compatible with BP and is 32 bit.
> Look at http://www.brain.uni-freiburg.de/~klaus

  Or try swallow, which allows you to create protected mode programs with
even TP6. ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbspec/swal101.zip
  Your code still runs in 16 bit segments (as I remember), but you can add
32 bit TASM compiled objs to your program, and of course access all the
memory. (BTW: BP7 supports 16 bit pmode too, which doesn't break the 64k
barrier, but gives you a lot of memory)

                        Regards,

--

                                Balazs Scheidler

*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*
| Author of Turbo Vision Resource WorkShop, the ultimate resource toolkit |
| for Turbo Vision for Pascal and C++. You can get the latest version at  |
| http://www.bitsoft.com/tvrw                                             |
| UNIX is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.   |
*--------------------------------------------*bAzSi*----------------------*

Re:32 bit pmode

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Trevor Lake wrote:
> Is there a 32 bit dos extender for turbo pascal?  I am developing at the
> moment (in experimentation stages :)) and really need access to all the
> memory I can get.

There is no possibility to make Borland Pascal 7 to accept things
like "Type BigArray = array [ 1..1000000 ] of Integer;".  If you
want to have that, try GNU Pascal, http://home.pages.de/~GNU-Pascal/,
or FPK Pascal, http://home.pages.de/~FPK-Pascal/.  Both are 32-bit
FreeWare compilers.

If you can live with Procedures/Functions to access the whold memory of
your computer, check the FAQ lists.  There are *many* methods to achive
this.  The easiest is probably to use BP7 and allocate everything
dynamically in 64kB chunks ...

Hope this helps,

    Peter

 Dipl.-Phys. Peter Gerwinski, Essen, Germany, free physicist and programmer
Reply e-mail to "uni-essen"   http://home.pages.de/~peter.gerwinski/ [970201]
instead of "NO-SPAM-PLEASE".  maintainer GNU Pascal [970412] kampi.hut.fi/gpc
Sorry for the inconvenience.  http://home.pages.de/~gnu-pascal/ [970125]

Other Threads