Drawing true color (24 Bit) bitmaps

Hello !

I've got a problem drawing true color bitmaps in Delphi. Loading the
bitmap is fine, but when trying to draw it on a canvas i get the
exception 'out of system resource' or so ...
This happens even if my display driver is running in true color mode.

My questions are:

1. What have I to do to draw a true color bitmap on the screen when
   running in true color mode.

2. Is it possible to draw a true color bitmap on the screen (with
   some less colors) when running in 256 color mode or in 655XX color
   mode. E.g. Converting ...   :-(

I would be very happy if someone could answer this questions ...

                                                          Bernhard

Bernhard Haumacher            M"aurachsteige 26             75181 Pforzheim
Voice: 07231/57665
Mail: s_hau...@ira.uka.de
WWW:  http://www.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de/~ukce/

Re:Drawing true color (24 Bit) bitmaps

Bernhard,

>   s_hau...@ira.uka.de (Bernhard Haumacher) writes:
>  Hello !

>  I've got a problem drawing true color bitmaps in Delphi. Loading the
>  bitmap is fine, but when trying to draw it on a canvas i get the
>  exception 'out of system resource' or so ...
>  This happens even if my display driver is running in true color mode.

Is the bitmap over 64K?  If it is, you may have to use some Windows API calls.

>  My questions are:

>  1. What have I to do to draw a true color bitmap on the screen when
>     running in true color mode.

I just assumed that it was possible, but on reflection I realized that I really didn't know for sure.  But I'll try it today and leave a post
tomorrow.  I _am_ almost positive that I have displayed real-color images.

>  2. Is it possible to draw a true color bitmap on the screen (with
>     some less colors) when running in 256 color mode or in 655XX color
>     mode. E.g. Converting ...   :-(

I know that it is converted down to a lower-color mode.  Maybe 'converted's' not the right word.  It displays 256 color images in 26 color
mode.

Somebody ought to kill that stupid purple dinosaur.
You know...Barney!  He makes me sick!
        --John Reynolds, 1995

Other Threads