THTML and THTTP hang on Microsoft

Hi folks,

I've found that both THTML and THTTP hang themselves and their app
when retrieving data at url := 'www.microsoft.com';  By "hang", I mean
that they and whatever app they're in freeze, permanently.

Has anyone encountered this problem? and better yet, found a solution?
I know the karenSoft browser is based on these components, presumably
without suffering such problems.

Any insights into this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry Guy
NTech
1-860-643-1640

Re:THTML and THTTP hang on Microsoft

Larry Guy <l...@sprynet.com> wrote in article
<32f6c324.57412...@news.interserv.com>...

> Hi folks,

> I've found that both THTML and THTTP hang themselves and their app
> when retrieving data at url := 'www.microsoft.com';  By "hang", I mean
> that they and whatever app they're in freeze, permanently.

> Has anyone encountered this problem? and better yet, found a solution?
> I know the karenSoft browser is based on these components, presumably
> without suffering such problems.

Larry,

Other components worth looking at for HTML 3+ are WaveTools at
www.transerve.com. Some people have found several 'kinks' with them but
they are generally way ahead of most HTML components (VCL's) and you you
can extract any of the HTML source you like.

"Mark Hillsdon" <mv.hills...@transerve.com> wrote:
>Larry Guy <l...@sprynet.com> wrote in article
><32f6c324.57412...@news.interserv.com>...
>> I've found that both THTML and THTTP hang themselves and their app
>> when retrieving data at url := 'www.microsoft.com';  By "hang", I mean
>> that they and whatever app they're in freeze, permanently.

>> Has anyone encountered this problem? and better yet, found a solution?
>> I know the karenSoft browser is based on these components, presumably
>> without suffering such problems.

>Other components worth looking at for HTML 3+ are WaveTools at
>www.transerve.com. Some people have found several 'kinks' with them but
>they are generally way ahead of most HTML components (VCL's) and you you
>can extract any of the HTML source you like.

[posted and emailed]

Mark - I would really appreciate it if you stated clearly that you are
somebody who actually benefits from WaveTools (this is not your first
posting). Your email address indicates that you are in some way
associated with transserve and thus are likely to be biased.

I got the 16 bit AND the 32bit components a few days ago and am
absolutely disappointed by the performance of the THTML component.
Many HTML files with which neither Netscape Navigator nor IE had
problems were not displayed accurately when using your demo.

As a result I went to http://www.pbear.com/, got myself a working HTML
viewer and excellent support (I am just a very satisfied customer).

I did not try the communications part of WaveTools.
--
Stefan.Hoffmeis...@Uni-Passau.de
http://www.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/

Other Threads