Board index » delphi » Some help regarding delphi 5 ? Am I suposed to have these tools or not.

Some help regarding delphi 5 ? Am I suposed to have these tools or not.

Hi All

I just upgraded to D5 standard. The flimsy booklet which comes with it
makes reference to some tools which I do not seem to be able to find. Am
I correct in thinking that the To Do List and Code Explorer don't come
with the standard version ?

The literature says that the team resource thing and the MS office
components don't come with the standard version but it very oblique
about the other two.

Thanks

Liam Healy

 

Re:Some help regarding delphi 5 ? Am I suposed to have these tools or not.


Quote
L. Healy wrote:
> I just upgraded to D5 standard. The flimsy booklet which comes with it
> makes reference to some tools which I do not seem to be able to find. Am
> I correct in thinking that the To Do List and Code Explorer don't come
> with the standard version ?

IIRC you are right. Sad but true: no code explorer for D5S
Regards,
Udo
--
Please reply only to the newsgroup. Do not send any unrequested mails.

Re:Some help regarding delphi 5 ? Am I suposed to have these tools or not.


Liam,

You are correct about the ToDo List and Code Explorer not coming in D5
Standard. You may want to check into GExperts, a free add-on utility for
Delphi. GExperts adds many useful tools to your Delphi IDE including a
To Do List and a Class Browser (which is very similar to the Code
Explorer, but with a lot more information).

You can download GExperts from  http://www.gexperts.com/gexperts.

Hope this helps,
Larry

--

Larry J. Rutledge
la...@prestwood.com

Programmer / Analyst
Prestwood Software & Consulting
7525 Auburn Blvd., #8
Citrus Heights, CA 95610

Office: 1 (916) 726-5675 x214
Fax: 1 (916) 726-5676

http://prestwood.net - Business Site
http://prestwood.com - FREE world wide internet environment

Quote
"L. Healy" wrote:

> Hi All

> I just upgraded to D5 standard. The flimsy booklet which comes with it
> makes reference to some tools which I do not seem to be able to find. Am
> I correct in thinking that the To Do List and Code Explorer don't come
> with the standard version ?

> The literature says that the team resource thing and the MS office
> components don't come with the standard version but it very oblique
> about the other two.

> Thanks

> Liam Healy

  larry.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Some help regarding delphi 5 ? Am I suposed to have these tools or not.


Liam, if you still have the opportunity to exchange the Delphi Standard
which you bought for Delphi Professional then I would advise you to
promptly do so.  I have no earthly idea why Borland even -sells-
Standard...  (yes, there's a price-point, but not if you fail to get all
that you needed).

Quote
>Larry J. Rutledge wrote:

> Liam,

> You are correct about the ToDo List and Code Explorer not coming in D5
> Standard. You may want to check into GExperts, a free add-on utility for
> Delphi. GExperts adds many useful tools to your Delphi IDE including a
> To Do List and a Class Browser (which is very similar to the Code
> Explorer, but with a lot more information).

> You can download GExperts from  http://www.gexperts.com/gexperts.

> Hope this helps,
> Larry

> --

> Larry J. Rutledge
> la...@prestwood.com

> Programmer / Analyst
> Prestwood Software & Consulting
> 7525 Auburn Blvd., #8
> Citrus Heights, CA 95610

> Office: 1 (916) 726-5675 x214
> Fax: 1 (916) 726-5676

> http://prestwood.net - Business Site
> http://prestwood.com - FREE world wide internet environment

> "L. Healy" wrote:

> > Hi All

> > I just upgraded to D5 standard. The flimsy booklet which comes with it
> > makes reference to some tools which I do not seem to be able to find. Am
> > I correct in thinking that the To Do List and Code Explorer don't come
> > with the standard version ?

> > The literature says that the team resource thing and the MS office
> > components don't come with the standard version but it very oblique
> > about the other two.

> > Thanks

> > Liam Healy

>     ---------------------------------------------------------------

>                              Name: larry.vcf
>            Part 1.2          Type: text/x-vcard
>                          Encoding: 7bit
>                       Description: Card for Larry J. Rutledge

--
------------------------------------------------------------------
Sundial Services :: Scottsdale, AZ (USA) :: (480) 946-8259
mailto:i...@sundialservices.com  (PGP public key available.)

- Show quoted text -

Quote
> Fast(!), automatic table-repair with two clicks of the mouse!
> ChimneySweep(R):  "Click click, it's fixed!" {tm}
> http://www.sundialservices.com/products/chimneysweep

Other Threads