BDE resource utility/optimisation utility?

Hi

I and a group of other developers use the BDE for our add-ons to GoldMine, a
contact manager which also uses BDE. We sometimes come across problems with
this when GoldMine is running with 2 or sometimes 1 other BDE using exe.
Typically this requires changes to sharedmemlocation and sharedmemsize but
there are many combinations and values seem to vary between operating
systems, sometimes requiring us to install local BDEs everywhere - hard work
and bad for distribution of aliases etc.

So my question - is there a utility which can analyse BDE resource usage and
perhaps determine the optimim setting or does the BDE API have something
which could help here? Has anyone written a tool for this which could be
purchased? Is there a utility which could determine the optimum settings for
any machine.

I sense a market for this if someome has one.
Paul
---------------------
Paul Redstone

Re:BDE resource utility/optimisation utility?

No and no.

>I sense a market for this if someome has one.

Now that Borland has abandoned the BDE?

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:BDE resource utility/optimisation utility?

Thanks Bill - but there are very large numbers of BDE users out there facing
increasing problems, so there is a market even if short term.

But I guess the first no means you know of no current package. I am not
expert on the whole BDE API but is there a way of getting the 'reminaing
resource' or similar aspects?
Paul
---------------------

"Bill Todd" <n...@no.com> wrote in message

> No and no.

> >I sense a market for this if someome has one.

> Now that Borland has abandoned the BDE?

> --
> Bill (TeamB)

Re:BDE resource utility/optimisation utility?

>But I guess the first no means you know of no current package. I am not
>expert on the whole BDE API but is there a way of getting the 'reminaing
>resource' or similar aspects?

That was the second no.<g>

--
Bill (TeamB)