                                                        Mm...@ix.netcom.com

Re:Running Delphi compiled programs on a LAN

Well, there are two issues here.
     #1. Yes, you can run your delphi app in a networked environment. Go
to the BDE config, and set the NetDirectory to a directory that all of
your users will map to in the same way. Voila, it now works, except
for....
     #2. Unless you got the Client/Server edition of Delphi, your SQL code
will not run, (I think). This is due to the fact that the SQL requires the
use of the Interbase Server, which in the non-C/S version is a single
user, local only type deal.

So do #1, and rewrite your app to use ttables instead of tqueries.

Hope this helps...
Brad Miller
Timeoil...@aol.com

Other Threads