freeze query when changing the records in my query

I have the problem that I change the fiedls that my sql-query was
based on, so that these records no longer fit my query. So Each time I
change a record, the query is opened again and I have to access it
again with first., as next doesn't work anymore. SO my question is:

Is there a way to freeze a query, no matter whatever changes one does
?

Greetings

Guy Besch

"We are Microsoft.  You will be assimilated.  Resistance is Futile."

Re:freeze query when changing the records in my query

Guy Besch (be...@student.uni-kl.de) wrote:

: I have the problem that I change the fiedls that my sql-query was
: based on, so that these records no longer fit my query. So Each time I
: change a record, the query is opened again and I have to access it
: again with first., as next doesn't work anymore. SO my question is:

: Is there a way to freeze a query, no matter whatever changes one does
: ?

To stop screen updates: DisableControls
  To start again: EnableControls
To stop query actively updating: Queryvar.Close
  or Queryvar.Enabled := False
To start again:  Queryvar.Open or Queryvar.Enabled := True
Rick Carter   carte...@email.uc.edu   rcar...@tso.cin.ix.net