XML tools

I am about to undertake some xml work in Delphi.  I have been looking around
with google and tamaracka and see references to various tools etc that work
with Delphi.

Would anybody who is currently doing xml work in Delphi have any suggestions
as to what tools work, what don't, etc. I will need to create new
definitions, encode data and accept encoded data and parse it out.  I willl
be using D6, ent.  clx is not a requirement now, but might be nice....

Thanks,

Stewart Bourke

Re:XML tools

In article <3e899...@newsgroups.borland.com>, stewart.bou...@infosol.ie
says...

>I am about to undertake some xml work in Delphi.  I have been looking around
>with google and tamaracka and see references to various tools etc that work
>with Delphi.

>Would anybody who is currently doing xml work in Delphi have any suggestions
>as to what tools work, what don't, etc. I will need to create new
>definitions, encode data and accept encoded data and parse it out.  I willl
>be using D6, ent.  clx is not a requirement now, but might be nice....

There was a thread about this just a few days back. It's called XML and
was started by Peter Morris.

Have a look at:

http://xml.defined.net/parsers.xml

What I use:

XMLWorks2 : http://www.delphihome.com/xml/en/index.php3
(Robust. Has a few demos, but you gotta walk the code for doc. It's
reasonably well commented though.)

(You can hook this up to any TDataset descendant and then dump/load the
results to/from an XML stream. Marginal doc and examples, but it hauls
the freight)

http://www.destructor.de/xmlparser/index.htm

(From the help: "Native Object Pascal CLASSes, linked directly into
your code. So there's absolutely no need to deploy DLLs or COM/ActiveX
stuff.")

--
John
  Life is complex. It has real and imaginary components.

Re:XML tools

John,

Thanks for the info.  I'll follow up all the links.

Stewart Bourke

"John Wester [Group W]" <rot13_wjrf...@gryhf.arg> wrote in message

> In article <3e899...@newsgroups.borland.com>, stewart.bou...@infosol.ie
> says...
> >I am about to undertake some xml work in Delphi.  I have been looking
around
> >with google and tamaracka and see references to various tools etc that
work
> >with Delphi.

> >Would anybody who is currently doing xml work in Delphi have any
suggestions
> >as to what tools work, what don't, etc. I will need to create new
> >definitions, encode data and accept encoded data and parse it out.  I
willl
> >be using D6, ent.  clx is not a requirement now, but might be nice....

> There was a thread about this just a few days back. It's called XML and
> was started by Peter Morris.

> Have a look at:

> http://xml.defined.net/parsers.xml

> What I use:

> XMLWorks2 : http://www.delphihome.com/xml/en/index.php3
> (Robust. Has a few demos, but you gotta walk the code for doc. It's
> reasonably well commented though.)

> (You can hook this up to any TDataset descendant and then dump/load the
> results to/from an XML stream. Marginal doc and examples, but it hauls
> the freight)

> http://www.destructor.de/xmlparser/index.htm

> (From the help: "Native Object Pascal CLASSes, linked directly into
> your code. So there's absolutely no need to deploy DLLs or COM/ActiveX
> stuff.")

> --
> John
>   Life is complex. It has real and imaginary components.

Other Threads