Paradox tables, csv's and filestreams

i'm having a problem importing csv files into a parradox table can anyone
help?

Re:Paradox tables, csv's and filestreams

What problem?  How are you doing the import?  What version of Delphi and the
BDE are you using?

--
Bill Todd

Re:Paradox tables, csv's and filestreams

i have a table and a datasource and a db grid pointing at a txt file with a
schema file in the same directory, i keep getting "tranlate error" i'm using
delphi version 3 and
bde admin version 4, any help is appreciated.

Stewart

Bill Todd (TeamB) wrote in message <6raka3$ma...@forums.borland.com>...
>What problem?  How are you doing the import?  What version of Delphi and
the
>BDE are you using?

>--
>Bill Todd
>(Sorry but TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)
>(Remove nospam from my email address to contact me for any other reason)

Re:Paradox tables, csv's and filestreams

Sorry.  I have never encountered a "translate error".  I am not sure if it
is a character translation problem or if it cannot translate a value in some
date or number field.

--
Bill Todd

Re:Paradox tables, csv's and filestreams

Thanks anyway Bill,

I think its probably the format of the schema file, i'm a little confused
about the "offest" widths i should be useing, should the offset be
calculated by the number of characters from the left of the file?

Stewart

Bill Todd (TeamB) wrote in message <6rd85c$q...@forums.borland.com>...
>Sorry.  I have never encountered a "translate error".  I am not sure if it
>is a character translation problem or if it cannot translate a value in
some
>date or number field.

>--
>Bill Todd
>(Sorry but TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)
>(Remove nospam from my email address to contact me for any other reason)

Re:Paradox tables, csv's and filestreams

The following is copied from the ASCIIDRV topic in the BDE API on-line help
file.

Offset. Number of characters from the beginning of the line that the field
begins. Used for FIXED and DELIMITED formats.

--
Bill Todd