Formstyle

I have a maximized mainform and want a) child windows to remain within it
and b) be clipped by it and c) be able to receive focus and d) have no
border.  Per microsoft example I'm staying away from MDI.
Using LLOYD's problem solver book I set the style to ws_child and not
dlg_frame, but then my components cant get focus.  Any better way?

Re:Formstyle

In article <3cc86526_1@dnews>, Lkohnmd wrote:
> I have a maximized mainform and want a) child windows to remain within it
> and b) be clipped by it and c) be able to receive focus and d) have no
> border.  Per microsoft example I'm staying away from MDI.
> Using LLOYD's problem solver book I set the style to ws_child and not
> dlg_frame, but then my components cant get focus.  Any better way?

Set the forms Borderstyle to bsNone, do not mess with the window styles in
an overriden CreateParams. Just assign the main form to the child forms
Parent property. You can also use a container control on the main form as
Parent, a panel or scrollbox, for example.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
Use the newsgroup archives :

Other Threads