Automating Access with secured database

Does anyone have an example of how to open an Access database that has been
secured using user level security?  I need to open the database from Delphi
4 using Automation.  I have no problems opening unsecured databases, but I
can't figure out how to specify a SystemDB, DefaultUser, and DefaultPassword
through automation for the DBEngine except through heavy handed methods
involving command-line instantiations of Access followed by getting a
pointer to the command-line instantiated Access Object.

Thanks,

Dave Clipsham
dfclips...@mindless.com

Re:Automating Access with secured database

Before opening the workspace for your DBEngine object, set the systemDB
parameter to the location of the security file.......

DBEngine.SystemDB := 'c:\msoffice\access\security.mdw';
DBWorkSpace := DBEngine.CreateWorkSpace('Sample',User,Password);

Woody

Dave Clipsham <dfclips...@mindless.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone have an example of how to open an Access database that has
been
> secured using user level security?  I need to open the database from
Delphi
> 4 using Automation.  I have no problems opening unsecured databases, but I
> can't figure out how to specify a SystemDB, DefaultUser, and
DefaultPassword
> through automation for the DBEngine except through heavy handed methods
> involving command-line instantiations of Access followed by getting a
> pointer to the command-line instantiated Access Object.

> Thanks,

> Dave Clipsham
> dfclips...@mindless.com

Other Threads