Pixel scroll in RichEdit

Anyone know how to perform a continuous, timer-oriented pixel-scrolling of
text in Richedit controls?
I'm probed many WM's, EM's, scrollby's,.., but only scrolls the window, not
the text.
The goal is to build one teleprompter.
Thanks in advance.

Re:Pixel scroll in RichEdit

Hi. You can try:

RichEdit1.Perform(em_LineScroll, PixelHorz, PixelVert);
Or:
SendMessage(RichEdit1.Handle, em_LineScroll, PixelHorz, PixelVert);

\Francois

CyDi wrote:
> Anyone know how to perform a continuous, timer-oriented pixel-scrolling of
> text in Richedit controls?
> I'm probed many WM's, EM's, scrollby's,.., but only scrolls the window, not
> the text.
> The goal is to build one teleprompter.
> Thanks in advance.

Re:Pixel scroll in RichEdit

Use.
SendMessage(RichEdit1.Handle,EM_SCROLL,SB_LINEUP,0); to scroll up
and
SendMessage(RichEdit1.Handle,EM_SCROLL,SB_LINEDOWN,0); to scroll down
--

Hi to all from Len (Spain)

Jos Rubn  jos...@asturies.org
"Out of Memory"
--------------------------

CyDi escribi:

> Anyone know how to perform a continuous, timer-oriented pixel-scrolling of
> text in Richedit controls?
> I'm probed many WM's, EM's, scrollby's,.., but only scrolls the window, not
> the text.
> The goal is to build one teleprompter.
> Thanks in advance.

Re:Pixel scroll in RichEdit

In article <6ngfqj$d0...@diana.bcn.ibernet.es>, "CyDi" <jvari...@yahoo.com>
writes:

>Anyone know how to perform a continuous, timer-oriented pixel-scrolling of
>text in Richedit controls?
>I'm probed many WM's, EM's, scrollby's,.., but only scrolls the window, not
>the text.
>The goal is to build one teleprompter.

Delphi Developer's Guide (1) has a Marqee component - p274, which was a list of
text which scrolled slowly - I guess it could give you ideas on how to do it. I
think basically they wrote to an off screen bitmap which they scrolled and
BitBlt'ed it to the screen.

Alan Lloyd
alangll...@aol.com

Other Threads