Problems with .NET files and .LCK files (URGENT)

Hi Borland TeamB,
can ya help me solve my big problem???

Here it's go...
I'm using an local net work without server, the program seems to be ok, the
program can be used by "multi-users"... there is no problem...

Today i had to install the same program in a different location, i had to
install it on a LAN with a Windows NT server... When i run the program in
the first workstation, the program shows no problem.... but when i run it
at a second workstation for example... the program shows me the following
message:

Directory is controled by other .NET file
Directory C:\
File: \\Server Path\PDOXUSRS.LCK

(In the NT server i put the original copy...., and in the workstatios i put
a shortcut, and configured an ALIAS at BDE Administrator
TripTecnicos   ---- Path = \\Server Path\Program Name)

Re:Problems with .NET files and .LCK files (URGENT)

> Directory is controled by other .NET file
> Directory C:\
> File: \\Server Path\PDOXUSRS.LCK

this error means there's a lock file in the directory of your tables that
references a net directory that is different from the current
computer's/session's net directory.  the lock file was probably created by the
first instance.  essentially, it means that the TSession.NetFileDir values
between your computers don't match.

you can either change this at runtime with Session.NetFileDir := ...   or
change the default value in the BDE Administrator under Configuration | Drivers
| Native | Paradox | Net Dir

dave

Re:Problems with .NET files and .LCK files (URGENT)

Configure the BDE on _every_ computer as described in TI247B at
www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/ti.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:Problems with .NET files and .LCK files (URGENT)

Hi there!

I don't know if this is the solution for your problem but you should take a
look
at it anyway. Before we changed this parameters we had alot of problems but
now it works great.

http://www.traxstar.com/knowledgebase/temptrax/001000%20install%20not...
01004.htm

Regards

Magnus

Rafael Luiz M. Fran?a skrev i meddelandet
<01bf1038$f5e67f40$29142039@gigopw03>...

>Hi Borland TeamB,
>can ya help me solve my big problem???

>Here it's go...
>I'm using an local net work without server, the program seems to be ok, the
>program can be used by "multi-users"... there is no problem...

>Today i had to install the same program in a different location, i had to
>install it on a LAN with a Windows NT server... When i run the program in
>the first workstation, the program shows no problem.... but when i run it
>at a second workstation for example... the program shows me the following
>message:

>Directory is controled by other .NET file
>Directory C:\
>File: \\Server Path\PDOXUSRS.LCK

>(In the NT server i put the original copy...., and in the workstatios i put
>a shortcut, and configured an ALIAS at BDE Administrator
>TripTecnicos   ---- Path = \\Server Path\Program Name)

Other Threads