Turn off schema cache

Jeff, thanks for your optimization of Computed By and Default Value by
Schema Cache in IBX 4.6.

However, I always set the requirement property of all fields to False and
let the requirement check be done at the server site (just like check
constraints).

So retrievement of Computed By and Default Value information has no use for
me.

Is it also possible to completely turn off retrievement of this information.
If not, are you willing to implement this in the future for futher
optimization of C/S traffic?

Thanks,
Robert.

Re:Turn off schema cache

Robert wrote:

> Jeff, thanks for your optimization of Computed By and Default Value by
> Schema Cache in IBX 4.6.

> However, I always set the requirement property of all fields to False and
> let the requirement check be done at the server site (just like check
> constraints).

> So retrievement of Computed By and Default Value information has no use for
> me.

> Is it also possible to completely turn off retrievement of this information.

no.

> If not, are you willing to implement this in the future for futher
> optimization of C/S traffic?

As I've said before I will not create bad FieldDefs according to the server
side.  I have no plans on removing this.  ComputedBy totally changes the type of
field it is to (fkInternalCalc instead of fkData) and tyhis affects how data
aware controls work with such a field.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   I don't think there are any Russians
(Please do not email    And there ain't no Yanks

Other Threads