Language problems in Excel

Hi!!!

I' m using excel in Spanish, I think it's really stupid to translate all the
formulas and functions like microsoft did.
For example, I have to Put L (inea) C (olumna) instead of R(ow) C(olum) and
Indice instead of Index and all changes!!!!
I would like my pograms works in excel in any language (spanish or english)
and I prefer to not have to write twice the instructions for the excel.
Any suggestion?

Another thing: when I try to insert formulas in the cells, I get an OLE
800A03EC Error, I'm doing it like when I put a value:
ExcelWorkSheet.Cells.Item [1,1] := '=L(1)C(1)';
I've tried too
ExcelWorkSheet.Cells.Item [1,1] := '=R(1)C(1)';
and many diferent things, but I always get this error.  However, if I put
ExcelWorkSheet.Cells.Item [1,1] := 25;
it works perfect.

How can I solve it?

Re:Language problems in Excel

Hi !

Couldn't you use the form:

=$A$1

..my formulas are always converted to this syntax when using DDE in
Excel...

--

Bjoerge

Alejandro Marcu skrev i meldingen <7u5drl$4...@forums.borland.com>...

>Hi!!!

>I' m using excel in Spanish, I think it's really stupid to translate
all the
>formulas and functions like microsoft did.
>For example, I have to Put L (inea) C (olumna) instead of R(ow)
C(olum) and
>Indice instead of Index and all changes!!!!
>I would like my pograms works in excel in any language (spanish or
english)
>and I prefer to not have to write twice the instructions for the
excel.
>Any suggestion?

>Another thing: when I try to insert formulas in the cells, I get an
OLE
>800A03EC Error, I'm doing it like when I put a value:
>ExcelWorkSheet.Cells.Item [1,1] := '=L(1)C(1)';
>I've tried too
>ExcelWorkSheet.Cells.Item [1,1] := '=R(1)C(1)';
>and many diferent things, but I always get this error.  However, if I
put
>ExcelWorkSheet.Cells.Item [1,1] := 25;
>it works perfect.

>How can I solve it?

Re:Language problems in Excel

Hi,

Take a look on my answer on the
"Help! - Language independant Excel?" thread

Bye.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Other Threads