DBMemo not working on VARCHAR(90) field

Having a problem with a DBMemo not working on inserts when
pointed to a VARCHAR(90) field.  It acts like its been
disabled.  Editing works fine.

Any ideas?  TIA
--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software

http://www.bss-software.com

Re:DBMemo not working on VARCHAR(90) field

Dear Tom,

be sure it is not READONLY setting on the TMemo and that you have a live
result set

fwiw
Charles Lam

Re:DBMemo not working on VARCHAR(90) field

I've used this technique a few times and it works fine.

(As stated above): Check your ReadOnly and RequestLive properties.

Dave

Re:DBMemo not working on VARCHAR(90) field

It only happens on Inserts.  Editing works fine.

I have double checked the components (both visual and TField)
and they are set appropriately.  I have also checked the code
to make sure that I am not changing something on Insert.

I am using TTable, TDBMemo, and Oracle.

--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
BSS Application FrameWork
BSS VCL Pack

http://www.bss-software.com

Re:DBMemo not working on VARCHAR(90) field

I wonder if you need to initialize the field because it is nil on the
insert? Give it a value of '_' and see what happens

fwiw
Charles Lam

Re:DBMemo not working on VARCHAR(90) field

It didn't work.  I put 'Test' in the OnNewRecord event.

Its like the control is ignoring all key strokes except
the Arrow keys and Tabs.  Delete doesn't work either.

--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
BSS Application FrameWork