Record locking or Table locking

Dear all,

We have Dephi5 C/S application running on MSSQL2000, we have experienced
lots of dead locking problems - lead to{*word*154} of the applications in a
multi-user network.

The dead locks seem to be on tables, which we believe should be on records
according to SQL documentation.

Can someone teach us how to set SQL to lock records in transactions instead
of locking the whole table? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
John

Re:Record locking or Table locking

Do not think about that to control dbms 's locks
in Sql server document ,It support row lock then page lock

read DMA document or T_sql Document,and you should not get the way to solve
"Dead lock"

Re:Record locking or Table locking

John,

   Continuous deadlocking is almost always caused by either design flaw in
the database and/or the application.  Are the tables properly indexed (and
not over-indexed)?  Do you have a maintenance plan to keep statistics up to
date?  In Delphi, are you using TTables?  TQuerys?  ADO?

krf

John <state...@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message news:3c18395f_2@dnews...
> Can someone teach us how to set SQL to lock records in transactions
instead
> of locking the whole table? any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks
> John

Other Threads