No debugging available in Protected Mode?

Is it just my imagination???  I tried also external debugging in TD, but it
wouldn't load the source file, just gave me the asm dump window, and expected me
to walk through that.  As soon as I switch targets to Protected Mode, all the
debugging options are grayed.  And no, I don't have the BP7 manuals.  The
on-line help is virtually useless for learning about PM.

Any help much appreciated,
Carl

Re:No debugging available in Protected Mode?

Carl Mueller wrote:

> Is it just my imagination???  I tried also external debugging in TD, but it
> wouldn't load the source file, just gave me the asm dump window, and expected me
> to walk through that.  As soon as I switch targets to Protected Mode, all the
> debugging options are grayed.  And no, I don't have the BP7 manuals.  The
> on-line help is virtually useless for learning about PM.

> Any help much appreciated,
> Carl

You need to steal/use a version of TDX.EXE, the de{*word*81} for DPMI
supplied w/ BP7.

Live long, and prosper
Jerry L. Gubka

Re:No debugging available in Protected Mode?

In article: <52jkjr$...@dfw-ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>  simo...@ix.netcom.com (Carl

Mueller) writes:

>Is it just my imagination???  I tried also external debugging in TD, but it
>wouldn't load the source file, just gave me the asm dump window, and expected
>me to walk through that.  As soon as I switch targets to Protected Mode, all
>the debugging options are grayed.  And no, I don't have the BP7 manuals.  The
>on-line help is virtually useless for learning about PM.

>Any help much appreciated,

If you can give a plausable reason as for why you don't have the manuals I'll
tell you how to do it.

-- Jay

| Jason Burgon - author of Graphic Vision, TV-Like GUI for 256 Colour SVGA |
| g...@jayman.demon.co.uk   ftp://SimTel/msdos/turbopas/gv4svga1.zip         |
| ***NEW VERSION OF GV AVAILABLE FROM*** -> http://www.jayman.demon.co.uk  |

Jason Burgon <Ja...@jayman.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>In article: <52jkjr$...@dfw-ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>  simo...@ix.netcom.com (Carl
>Mueller) writes:

>>Is it just my imagination???  I tried also external debugging in TD, but it
>>wouldn't load the source file, just gave me the asm dump window, and expected
>>me to walk through that.  As soon as I switch targets to Protected Mode, all
>>the debugging options are grayed.  And no, I don't have the BP7 manuals.  The
>>on-line help is virtually useless for learning about PM.

>>Any help much appreciated,
>If you can give a plausable reason as for why you don't have the manuals I'll
>tell you how to do it.
>-- Jay

Yeah, they're at my work, and I'm not :)  Some day I'll have to go pick them up.
Until now, I've never needed them.

Carl

Re:No debugging available in Protected Mode?

Never could understand why they'd use a de{*word*81} that outputs
machine assembly code anyway. Don't feel bad the one with
C++ 4.0 from Borland sucks too.

Jeffrey L. Meyer, Owner-MeySoft    jmey...@meysoft.com
http://www.meysoft.com