English version of Error messages for WIN32

WIN32 returns lots of error codes, and the help file explains what
these codes are.  Is there a function that get the error messages,
For example, if calling a waveOutxxx function, one can retrieve the
error text by waveOutGetErrorText, but what about the Win32 errors?

I must be overlooking somethinng simple!

-John_Mer...@Brown.EDU

Re:English version of Error messages for WIN32

In article <6csksv$...@cocoa.brown.edu>, John_Mer...@brown.edu says...

>WIN32 returns lots of error codes, and the help file explains what
>these codes are.  Is there a function that get the error messages,
>For example, if calling a waveOutxxx function, one can retrieve the
>error text by waveOutGetErrorText, but what about the Win32 errors?

>I must be overlooking somethinng simple!

Look at GetLastError and FormatMessage.

If you are running NT, go to a command prompt and type
net helpmsg <decimal error number>

--
Chris Hill
hil...@cs.purdue.edu