Movable separator?

Howdie!

I wish to have a movable separator between two areas in a window. Like there
are in Explorer wetween the dir list and the file list, in Internet Explorer
or Netscape between frames.

Is there a common control to use for this? (I found none). Or should I make
a thin blank window between the areas and handle all movement and mouse
cursor changes myself?

/GreenGhost

Re:Movable separator?

G?ran Andersson wrote:
> Howdie!

> I wish to have a movable separator between two areas in a window. Like there
> are in Explorer wetween the dir list and the file list, in Internet Explorer
> or Netscape between frames.

> Is there a common control to use for this? (I found none). Or should I make
> a thin blank window between the areas and handle all movement and mouse
> cursor changes myself?

TSplitter located in the "Additional" tab.

Bye, Udo

Re:Movable separator?

Udo Nesshoever skrev i meddelandet ...

>G?ran Andersson wrote:

>> Howdie!

>> I wish to have a movable separator between two areas in a window. Like
there
>> are in Explorer wetween the dir list and the file list, in Internet
Explorer
>> or Netscape between frames.

>> Is there a common control to use for this? (I found none). Or should I
make
>> a thin blank window between the areas and handle all movement and mouse
>> cursor changes myself?

>TSplitter located in the "Additional" tab.

>Bye, Udo

Thanks, but I don't use Delphi (but Free Pascal, but there is no NG for this
yet), so I don't have that one...

Is there a windows control that corresponds to that, or do I have to make
one up?

/GreenGhost

Re:Movable separator?

G?ran Andersson wrote:
> Thanks, but I don't use Delphi (but Free Pascal, but there is no NG for this
> yet), so I don't have that one...

Then a delphi newsgroup isn't the best choice.
Try
  comp.lang.pascal.mics

Bye, Udo

Re:Movable separator?

Udo Nesshoever skrev i meddelandet ...

>G?ran Andersson wrote:

>> Thanks, but I don't use Delphi (but Free Pascal, but there is no NG for
this
>> yet), so I don't have that one...
>Then a delphi newsgroup isn't the best choice.
>Try
>  comp.lang.pascal.mics

>Bye, Udo

I am sure you mean comp.lang.pascal.misc (c;

I'll do that.

/GreenGhost
---
http://hem.passagen.se/guffa/en
---
kill the spammer to mail me

Re:Movable separator?

G?ran Andersson wrote:
> I am sure you mean comp.lang.pascal.misc (c;

Ooops :))) damn typos... of course "misc".
Good luck there and happy coding

Bye, Udo

Re:Movable separator?

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000 16:05:09 +0100, "G?ran Andersson"

<gu...@iname.spammer.com> wrote:
>Is there a common control to use for this? (I found none). Or should I make

Yes, the TSplitter in the 'Additional' tab of the component palette.
You must use it with a TPanel which has the property Align set to
something different than 'alClient' and equal to the property Align of
the TSplitter, and with another TPanel which has the property Align
set to 'alClient'.

For example, if you want your form splitted in two as the File
Explorer, you should :

1 - Add a TPanel object in your form and set its name to something
like 'pnlLeft'
2 - Set the Align property of pnlLeft to alLeft
3 - Add a TSplitter object in you form and set its Align property to
alLeft
4 - Add a TPanel object and set its Align property to alClient.

Hope this helps,

        JoE

Other Threads