Client/Server APP with TTable

hi there,

can anyone tell me how I can build a client/server app using TTAble.

THank Sotos

sotir...@compulink.gr

Re:Client/Server APP with TTable

> can anyone tell me how I can build a client/server app using TTAble.

Of course, you can. The client/server definition is quite large...
I made a client/server demo application. It is available as a freeware with
full source code at http://www.rtfm.be/fpiette/indexuk.htm it is part of
the ICS (Internet Component Suite).

This demo application (actually two: a client and a server) communicate
using TCP/IP protocol using the TWSocket component. The client send a
request to the server. The server parse the request, execute it (fetch some
data using a TTable), format the result and send it back to the client
which display the result.

The Internet Component Suite is a set of native components for Borland
Delphi (all versions, including 16 bits) and Borland C++ Builder. The major
TCP/IP protocols are supported for building client/server, intranet or
Internet applications.

TCP, UDP, TELNET, FTP, SMTP, POP3, HTTP, PING and more. Each component has
samples writen in Delphi and in C++ Builder. Several client/server
applications, including an event-driven and a multi-threaded server, a
complete FTP client and TELNET client with ansi emulation are provided.
Full source code provided for everything.

The Internet Component Suite is freeware, royalty free and support is done
using a mailing list. Visit our website and download now from
http://www.rtfm.be/fpiette/indexuk.htm

francois.pie...@ping.be

--

francois.pie...@ping.be

Re:Client/Server APP with TTable

> can anyone tell me how I can build a client/server app using TTAble.

good question. Short answer may be:
Like with TQuery.

But it's just short answer.

In article <67k0r3$k...@venus.compulink.gr>, "Sotos" <sotir...@compulink.gr> wrote:
>hi there,

>can anyone tell me how I can build a client/server app using TTAble.

Never/ever, again NEVER build a CS application using a TTable. Always use a
TDatabase component and a TQuery.

The definitions for the Database can be added in the TDatabase Component.

The Graphical Gnome (r...@ktibv.nl)
Sr. Software Engineer IT Department
The Unofficial Delphi Developers FAQ
http://www.gnomehome.demon.nl/uddf/index.htm

Re:Client/Server APP with TTable

What is the reason for never doing this ?

The Graphical Gnome <r...@ktibv.nl> wrote in article <ELL8E2...@ktibv.nl>...

In article <01bd118d$35f43660$b62c6...@m.gielen>, "M. Gielen" <mgie...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>What is the reason for never doing this ?

Every TTable will make a separte connection to the Database. If you use a
TDatabase component and a TQuery component, you get only ONE connection.

This even holds for a TTabel with a TDatabase. Every TTable wil have it's own
connection.

On Mon, 29 Dec 1997 10:09:02 GMT, r...@ktibv.nl (The Graphical Gnome)
wrote:

>In article <01bd118d$35f43660$b62c6...@m.gielen>, "M. Gielen" <mgie...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>What is the reason for never doing this ?
>Every TTable will make a separte connection to the Database. If you use a
>TDatabase component and a TQuery component, you get only ONE connection.

>This even holds for a TTabel with a TDatabase. Every TTable wil have it's own
>connection.

This isn't true using a SQL Anywhere connection.  I put 5 TTable
objects on a form, set them to access different tables in the same SQL
Anywhere database, and then looked at the connections in use.  There
was only a single connection.

Chuck Gadd
Director of Software Development, {*word*104} FX Communications.
e-mail:cgadd...@SPAM-{*word*104}-fx.com  http://www.csd.net/~cgadd
Remove the -NO SPAM- from my email address to send me e-mail.
*** I boycott businesses that send me unsolicited email adverti{*word*224}ts ***

Other Threads